About Beach Tennis
Beach tennis is practiced in over 50 countries and there are more than half a million people all around the world,
having its greatest popularity in Italy, Brazil and Spain.
It offers an excellent cardio workout which is highly aerobic but with low impact to the knees and joints due to its practice in the sand. Similar to traditional tennis, Beach Tennis preserves most of the rules and scoring of tennis (15/30/40), modifications were made to adapt to movement around the sand court and to the faster pace of the game.
The main catch is you can’t let the ball hit the ground. Played entirely with volleys and smashes, make for quick, intense and exciting games. At high level play it is challenging and packed with adrenaline, and requires excellent physical fitness. Points start with a serve, and end when the ball touches the ground, forcing players to dive to reach difficult plays, similar to volleyball. The objective is to return the ball, with only one hit on each side of the net, as with tennis.
If you played tennis, any racket sport or volleyball, chances are you can play Beach Tennis on the first day.
Beach Tennis Lessons
Professional lessons for beginners to advanced players
Weekly Social beach tennis morning and evening
Family Fun days
Corporate / Team building
- Beach Tennis Day Access – AED 80 per person
- Private Lesson – AED 250 / 60min
- Group Lesson – AED 90 / 60min ( max 6 persons in a group )
- Weekly Social Beach Tennis – AED 80 per person
- Beach tennis courts access
- Rackets & balls
- Bean Bags
- Restrooms and outside showers
- The Beach Tennis courts at The Ritz Carlton is operational between 8am to 10pm
- Any person wanting to play Beach Tennis will first need to report to The Ritz Carlton Retail Store to pay the required entry fee and collect an entry bracelet between 8am to 8pm.
- Participants who want to use the pools, beach and courts will need to pay an extra day pass fee at the retail store.
- The Beach Tennis courts are operational between 8am-10pm, 7days a week.
- Drinks and food will be permitted, but no large coolers will be allowed trough the hotel.
- Super Sports Academy and The Ritz Carlton will not be liable for any injuries inflicted while using the beach tennis facility.
Super Sports Joining Date
Ranked #23 in the world for Beach Tennis
Played Provincial and National level as a junior in South Africa
Coached Provincial tennis teams in South Africa (Northern Transvaal)
Coached in South Korea
Tennis Coaching Qualifications
SATA level 1,2 & 3
PLAY & STAY level 1
ITF Advance Instructor
Tiaan is a genuine hard working individual who has been coaching tennis for the last 10 years.
He really enjoys working with kids and finds it very fulfilling to see them become better tennis players.
In his spare time he is a Professional Beach Tennis player and will be looking at setting up the Super Sports Beach Tennis Academy in the near future – so watch this space!
He also enjoys all other sports and regularly explores the outdoors, camping and BBQ with friends. Tennis is his Passion and full-time commitment!
Online Registration Form