Adventure HQ AR Khor Fakkan
1.2km Swim + 1.5km Kayak + 10km Trail Hike/Run + 25km Mountain Bike
Start time: 6.30am
About the Race
The Adventure HQ AR Series is made up of 6 races over the 2021/ 2022 season and is open to individual competitors and teams of 4. Competitors will earn points at each race to decide the series champions. The Khor Fakkan Adventure Race is the first race in the series.
Using a map and compass, competitors will have to navigate across mountains, through water and over various terrains using mountain biking, trail running, hiking, swimming and kayaking to find various checkpoints. One person is allowed as a support crew who will assist competitors. Download the competitors race brief for all the information, race rules and regulations.
The official competitors handbook will be given to competitors on race day an hour before the race during the competitors lockdown period where competitors will receive the coordinates for the different checkpoints.
Event Co Sponsors
- Keep a 2m social distance at all times.
- Wear a disposable mask till just before you start and once you finished.
- Stay in the Race Village area till your distance is called to the start area.
- No gatherings / hugging / touching / group photos etc.
- Any participants not observing any of the above rules will be disqualified without a warning!
Where to enter
Premier Online is Super Sports’ preferred registration partner. We always recommend purchasing the Protect Your Fee option when registering for any event through Premier Online.
Protect Your Fee ensures you receive a full refund no matter what the reason for cancelation, refunds are processed as per the terms and conditions stated on PremierOnline.com
Book mountain bike
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Fee & Refund Policy
- Individual Entry: AED250
- Team Entry: AED800
- Team entry is 4 people of any male/ female mix or all male/ female teams.
- Any participants canceling their participation after the closing date or if the race sells out or who is a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- In the unfortunate event of the race having to have to be postponed/canceled due to COVID restrictions/weather/venue issues, the credit/refund policy of online entries through online entry providers will apply or you can have your entry carried over to any other Super Sports organized race.
Entry Fee Includes
- Electronic Timing
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
Race Pack Collection
- Race check-in will be from 4am as the race starts at 6.30AM and the competitors go into the lockdown zone at 5.30AM.
Race Day Program
4:00am: Registration & Transition Areas Open
5:30am: Competitor Lockdown Zone Opens – All Competitors Equipment Is Checked On Entry
5:45am: Competitor Lockdown Zone Closes & Race Briefing Begins
6:20am: Competitors Exit The Lockdown Zone And Enter The Race Start Area
6:30am: Race Start
2:30pm: Race Cut off / Course Closes
2:45pm: Prize Giving
Race Distances & Age Groups
Age Groups are calculated as per your age on race day. Male and Female categories for all age groups.
Individual Male (18 Years +) | Individual Female (18 Years +) | Team Entry (Male/ Female/ Mix)
- Shoes are compulsory except for the swimming leg.
- No form of locomotion other than the disciplines prescribed in the race briefing document is allowed.
- For the full rules and regulations, please download the race briefing document.
- This will be included in your Race Pack and to be worn on your LEFT ankle with the number facing outward at all times during the race.
- Once finished racing, chips will be collected from you at the exit of the finish area or if need be, handed back by you.
- Make sure the chip is fastened tightly so that it does not move or change position during the race. (TIP: If the velcro strap is not long/tight enough, use a safety pin to adjust the length to keep the strap/chip in place and tight on your leg.)
- Your final time for the race will be taken when crossing under the Super Sports arch at the finish line.
No chip, No time, No result!
All competitors must be cleared by a race official proving that they have all the compulsory equipment with them as stipulated in the race briefing document.
When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal.
Self-support out on the race course. Refreshments at the finish line.
This will be given to you at the end of the race. Hand in your race bib at the T-shirt counter once you have finished the race and you will be given your shirt.
There are no shower facilities available for runners.
End of Race Procedures
- When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal and immediately put on your face mask.
- Make sure to wear your mask once you have finished.
- Scan the QR codes to see your result.
- Hand your race number with timing chip in at the T-Shirt stand and collect your free shirt.
- The prize distribution will take place as soon as possible after the final event.
- The final results will be posted online on the Race Results page of this website after the event has finished and all the results have been checked.
- Finishers medals will be awarded to all who finish each race when they have crossed the finish line and been cleared by a race official.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places teams, male and female categories, 1st place male and female Age Group, will be awarded per race.
- Remember to smile at the camera man, give them a smile or a thumbs up, especially when you cross the finish line.
- Photos can be found on your results page by clicking on the CAMERA icon and then doing a bib or selfie search.
- Photos will be available 48 hours after the race has finished.
The adventure race does not follow a specific route since competitors use a map and compass to find the control points and have to decide the routes for themselves. Detailed check point co-ordinates are kept secret and only given to competitors during the competitor lockdown, one hour before the race begins. A brief description of the race area and individual legs will be in the race briefing document which you can download.
Bib numbers will be released on race day at registration.