15km | 10km | 5km | 3km
30 October 2020
About the Race
Enjoy nature at its pre-dawn best as you head off road across manicured grass polo fields, through sandy urban tracks, along horse paddocked fields and in between avenued tree lined roads while overlooked by the 5 star Melia Desert Palm Hotel. From advanced to fun runners, young or experienced, run or walk the distances. Music, refreshments, parents & children running together and a community feel is what makes this race special. Urban X-Country at its best!
Event Co Sponsors
- Keep a 2m social distance at all times.
- Wear a disposable mask till just before you start and once you finished.
- Stay in the Race Village area till your distance is called to the start area.
- No spectators – except for juniors u18 will be allowed 1 adult to assist.
- No prize giving – winners will be informed post race where to collect prizes.
- No gatherings / hugging / touching / group photos etc.
- Any participants not observing any of the above rules will be disqualified without a warning!
- Adults (19yrs & over): AED175
- Juniors (18yrs & under): AED125
- Discounts are offered for families of 3 or more consisting of parents and children. Email email@example.com for the family discount code.
- There is NO on the day registration.
- Any participants cancelling their participation after the closing date or if the race sells out or who is a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- In the unfortunate event of the race having to have to be cancelled due to weather or venue issues, the credit / refund policy of online entries through online entry providers will apply or you can have your entry carried over to any other Super Sports organised race.
- Enter your Club, Company or Team – more than 10 athletes get a group discount if entering via spreadsheet with one cash payment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Entry Fee Includes:
- Electronic timing
- Official race t-shirt
- Finishers medal
- Fruit, muffin & fruit juice
- Downloadable Certificate
Race Pack Collection
- Your race number and timing chip collection is on the morning of the race at Race Check In which opens at 6.15am.
- Race Check In can be found on the lower deck near the Hotel pool in front of the Start / Finish line.
- Race numbers will be emailed to all runners and will also be on show at Race Check In on the morning of the race.
- Once you know your race number, proceed directly to your respective Bib collection desk and collect your Bib # with timing chip attached.
- Please check that all your data which is printed on the label of the race pack envelope is correct. This includes
your name, age category, gender and distance and in the event of there being any errors, please let our registration staff know so we can change it for you, so you have the correct result when finishing the race.
- You must have checked in and received your timing chip 30 minutes before your race start.
- Once you have done that, head to the Race Village and wait for the race briefing from our Race Director – Warren.
Race Day Program
Be checked in at least 20 minutes before the start of your race. There is NO on the day registration.
06h15 Race Check In Opens
07h00 Race Check In closes for all distances
07h00 15km Race Starts
07h05 10km Race Starts
07h10 5km Race Starts
07h15 3km Race Starts
09h00 Cut off time for all races
No Prize Giving due to COVID precautions – Prize winners will be notified where and when to collect their prizes.
THERE IS NO BAG DROP!
Race Distances & Age Groups
Age Groups are calculated as per your age on race day. Male and Female categories for all age groups.
0 – 29 years | 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50 years+
0 – 18 years | 19 – 29 years | 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50 years+
0 – 18 years | 19 – 29 years | 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50 years+
0 – 8 years | 9 – 12 years | 13 – 18 years | 19 years+
- Please wait in the Race Village area till your distance is called to the Start Area and keep your mask on until you get to the start line.
- The Start Area will be a social distanced grid of rows with 3 cones per row spaced 2m apart.
- Runners to self-seed themselves with the first 5 rows only for recognised faster runners.
- Once the start siren goes, all rows will slowly walk toward the start line and only when you get to the start line will you be allowed to start running.
- Once you cross over the start mats your race and time will start.
- Chip times will be used for this race so that means your time will only start being recoreded once you cross the timing mats so it does not matter how far back you start.
- Keep to the right-hand side of the road / track at all times.
- 15km = 3 laps of the course
- 10km = 2 laps of the course
- 5km = 1 lap of respective course
- 3km = 1 lap of respective course
- You must have your run number visible on the front of your upper body or race clothing and keep it visible at all times when on the run course.
- Your upper body must be covered at all times on the run portion of the race.
- Shoes are compulsory.
- No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed.
- Parents wishing to run with their children – aged 12 years and under – may do so free of charge but will not receive a race time or position, nor medal, shirt or any of the give aways.
- Please scan the QR codes in the Race Village to view your result once you have finished running.
- Full results will be on the Super Sports website as soon as possible at www.supersportsuae.com
Race BIB Numbers
- Bibs must be worn on your upper body with the number facing outward.
- Once finished racing, hand your race bib in at the T-Shirt stand and collect your free shirt.
- Safety pins will be provided in your race envelope or bring your own race belt.
- Timing chips are attached to the back of your race bib.
- Ensure your bib has 1 timing chip stuck to the back and if not, please see Super Sports staff on the day to issue you with a new bib.
DO NOT REMOVE THE CHIP FROM THE BIB.
IF YOU RUN WITH NO BIB – YOU WILL RECEIVE NO TIME AND NO RESULT!
When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal.
Complimentary Muffin & Drink
You will receive a voucher once you finish the race for a complimentary muffin and fruit juice or coffee or tea which can be claimed immediately.
NO VOUCHER, NO MUFFIN & NO BEVERAGE
Athlete Refreshments / Water Stations
There are 2 self-service water stations on course and 1 at the finish line.
Refreshments for All
These will be on sale on the morning of the race and include: Full breakfast menu options, Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks, Muffins, Fruits & Snacks.
End of Race Procedures
- When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal and immediately put on your face mask.
- Make sure to wear your mask once you have finished.
- Scan the QR codes to see your result.
- Hand your race number with timing chip in at the T-Shirt stand and collect your free shirt.
- You will be given your snack voucher once you have left the finish chute. Proceed to the counter and collect your muffin and fruit juice.
- No Prize Giving due to COVID restrictions.
- There will be NO Prize Giving after the races due to COVID restrictions.
- Prize winners will be invited to collect their prizes – to be confirmed.
- If you can not make it on this day and time please ask a friend to collect on your behalf or we will have the prizes available at Run 2.
- Trophies and vouchers will be awarded to the top 3 male and females for the respective distances.
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 male and females for the respective distance age groups.
- Overall winners will not be included in age group prizes so we can spread the prizes out amongst more people.
- Remember to smile at the camera man, give them a smile or a thumbs up, especially when you cross the finish line.
- Photos can be found on your results page by clicking on the CAMERA icon and then doing a bib or selfie search.
- Photos will be available 72 hours after the race has finished.
Race Numbers will be available 36 hours before Race Day so please check back then!