Hatta Hills Run
21.1km Half Marathon | 10km | 5km | 2.5km
5 March 2021
About the Race
The HATTA HILLS RUN 2021 offers spectacular scenery for the 21.1km Half Marathon and 10km runners as the route takes you through palm treed villages, up to the beautiful blue waters of the reservoir and dam with the majestic Hajar mountains in the distance, as well as some challenging hills to increase the heart rate. The 5km runners will head out the hotel and will run through Hatta, while for the 2.5km runners, a X-Country course has been prepared within the beautiful and hilly grounds of the Hotel which will finish in the same place as all other runners on the morning. This run is for the whole family with 4 different distances to choose from on the day.
From the advanced and the long distance runners to the more social and those enjoying the natural beauty.
All ages and abilities are invited and a mix of on and off-road running will be experienced by all runners!
Event Co Sponsors
- Keep a 2m social distance at all times.
- Wear a disposable mask till just before you start and once you finished.
- Stay in the Race Village area till your distance is called to the start area.
- No spectators – except for juniors u18 will be allowed 1 adult to assist.
- No prize giving – winners will be informed post race where to collect prizes.
- No gatherings / hugging / touching / group photos etc.
- Any participants not observing any of the above rules will be disqualified without a warning!
- Juniors u19 years: 5km, 2.5km: AED125
- Juniors u19 years: 10km: AED175
- Adult: 5km, 2.5km: AED175
- Adult: 10km: AED200
- 21.1km Half Marathon: AED225
- Discounts are offered for families of 3 or more consisting of parents and children. Email email@example.com for the family discount code.
- Any participants cancelling their participation after the closing date or who is a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- In the unfortunate event of the race having to have to be cancelled due to weather or venue issues, the credit / refund policy of online entries through online entry providers will apply or you can have your entry carried over to any other Super Sports organised race.
- Enter your Club, Company or Team – more than 10 athletes get a group discount if entering via spreadsheet with one cash payment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Entry Fee includes:
- Electronic Timing
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
- Hot and cold beverages and snack breakfast
Race Check In
This will take place on the morning of the race from 6am, in the Race Village at JA Hatta Fort Hotel.
Race numbers will be emailed to all runners and will also be on show at Race Check In on the morning of the race.
Once you know your race number, proceed directly to your respective Bib collection desk and collect your Bib # with timing chip attached. Safety pins will be provided in and around the Race Check In area.
Please check that all your data which is printed on the label of the race pack envelope is correct. This includes your name, age category, gender and distance and in the event of there being any errors, please let our registration staff know so we can change it for you so you have the correct result when finishing the race.
Race Day Program
Be checked in at least 20 – 30 minutes before the start of the race. There is NO Registration on the day.
06h00 Race Check In Opens
06h45 Race Check In Closes for 21km, 10km & 5km
06h50 Race Briefing for 21km, 10 & 5km
07h00 21km Start
07h05 10km Start
07h10 5km Start
08h45 Race Briefing for 2.5km and Race Check In Closes 09H00 2.5km Start – Cross Country within the grounds of the Hotel
10h00 Prize Giving and Snack Breakfast Picnic Box in the Race Village at the Hotel
THERE IS NO BAG DROP!
Race Distances & Age Groups
Age Groups are calculated as per your age on race day. Male and Female categories for all age groups.
21.1km Half Marathon
15 – 29 years | 30 – 34 years | 35 – 39 years | 40 – 44 years | 45 – 49 years | 50 – 54 years | 55 years+
0 – 18 years | 19 – 29 years | 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50 years+
0 – 12 years | 13 – 18 years | 19 – 29 years, 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50 years+
2.5km – Trail Run
0 – 8 years | 9 – 12 years | 13 – 18 years | 19 years+
Race Surfaces by Distance
- 21.1km Half Marathon – 80% tarred road, 20% hard compact gravel
- 10km – 90% tarred road, 10% hard compact gravel
- 5km – 100% tarred road
- 2.5km – 10% tarred road, 90% trail running
Keep to the right-hand side of the road at all time – run in an anti-clockwise direction.
You must have your run number visible on the front of your body or race clothing and keep it visible at all times when on the run course.
Your upper body must be covered at all times during the race.
Shoes are compulsory.
No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed.
Parents wishing to run with their children – aged 12 years and under – may do so free of charge but will not receive a race time or position.
Race BIB Number
Bibs must be worn on your upper body with the number facing outward.
These need to be returned to the organizers once you have finished the race.
Once finished racing, hand your race bib in at the T Shirt stand and collect your free shirt and voucher for your breakfast snack box.
Safety pins will be provided in and around the Race Check In area or bring your own race belt.
Race belts will be on sale on the morning of the race.
- Timing chips are attached to the back of your race bib.
- Ensure your bib has 1 or 2 timing chips stuck to the back and if not, please see Super Sports staff on the day to issue you with a new bib.
DO NOT REMOVE THE CHIP FROM THE BIB.
IF YOU RUN WITH NO BIB – YOU WILL RECEIVE NO TIME AND NO RESULT!
- Please check the tablets in the race village for your time and position as this helps us to check that your result has been recorded.
- If you are in the top 3 of the overall or age group category positions, please stay for the prize giving.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, per Age Group and Gender will be awarded per race Trophies will be awarded to top 3 Overall respective distance winners. You cannot win an overall prize and your age group prize.
- Full results will be on the Super Sports website as soon as possible at www.supersportsuae.com
When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal.
There are water stations every 2/3km out on course and 1 at the finish line. The 1 x Aide Station on the 10km and 21km course will supply water, fizzy drinks, Pocari Sweat, bananas, GU Gels and chocolates.
This will be given to you at the end of the race. Hand in your race bib at the T shirt counter once you have finished the race and you will be given your shirt.
Picnic Breakfast Snack
You will receive a wrist band at the T-Shirt stand after the race when you hand your bib in for a complimentary picnic breakfast snack. Please feel free to bring your picnic blankets and enjoy your breakfast snack on the lawns within the race village at the JA Hatta Fort Hotel, where you can socialize with the other runners, refuel and recover whilst enjoying the beauty of Hatta.
These will be supplied by the organisers and feature every 2/3km on the course as well as at the finish line.
There are no shower facilities available for runners
End of Race Procedures
- When crossing the finish line, keep moving through the finish chute.
- Please check the ipads in the race village for your race finish time, this helps us to check that your result has been recorded.
- Return your timing chip to designated marshal or collection box.
- The prize presentation will take place as soon as possible after the final event.
- The final results will be posted online on the Race Results page of this website, after the event has finished and all the results have been checked.
- Finishers medals will be awarded to all who finish each race as they cross the finish line.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, Overall, and also per Age Group, will be awarded per race.
- You cannot win an overall prize and your age group prize.
- Remember to smile at the camera man, give them a smile or a thumbs up, especially when you cross the finish line.
- Photos can be found on your results page by clicking on the CAMERA icon and then doing a bib or selfie search.
- Photos will be available 72 hours after the race has finished.
Directions to Location
NO PASSPORTS NEEDED ON THIS ROUTE
- Get on to Emirates Road Highway 611
- Take Exit 70 Siyouh / Eastern Region / Kalba
- You are now on Maleha road after approximately 64kms look out for signs Masfoot / Hatta / Oman / Mhada. Take the exit to the right – before a bridge – and follow directions to Hatta.
- After 21 kms you will reach a roundabout – turn left.
- Approximately 6 km’s further down the road you will reach a roundabout with a Fort in the middle, turn left here in to the Hatta Fort Hotel and follow signage / marshals to parking area.
- Hotel Contact number 04 809 9333 or 04 809 9399
Once you enter the hotel main entrance, follow signage to parking area and from the parking are to the START / FINISH line.
Race Numbers will be available 36 hours before Race Day so please check back then!