Hatta Hills Run
21.1 Half Marathon | 10km | 5km | 2.5km
Start Time: 7am
About the Race
The HATTA HILLS RUN 2022 offers spectacular scenery for the 21.1km Half Marathon and 10km runners as the route takes you through palm treed villages, up to the beautiful blue waters of the reservoir and dam with the majestic Hajar mountains in the distance, as well as some challenging hills to increase the heart rate. The 5km runners will head out the hotel and will run through Hatta, while for the 2.5km runners, a X-Country course has been prepared within the beautiful and hilly grounds of the Hotel which will finish in the same place as all other runners on the morning. This run is for the whole family with 4 different distances to choose from on the day.
From the advanced and the long distance runners to the more social and those enjoying the natural beauty.
All ages and abilities are invited and a mix of on and off-road running will be experienced by all runners!
Event Co Sponsors
- Keep a 2m social distance at all times.
- Wear a disposable mask till just before you start and once you finished.
- Stay in the Race Village area till your distance is called to the start area.
- No gatherings / hugging / touching / group photos etc.
- Any participants not observing any of the above rules will be disqualified without a warning!
Race Entry Requires COVID-19 Vaccine
- With the new updates introduced on 17 May 2021, relating to COVID-19 procedures, we have been informed by the Dubai Sports Council that these new procedures need to be implemented with immediate effect.
- With this in mind, it is compulsory for every participant to show us proof at Race Check-In when collecting your race pack that you have been fully vaccinated by downloading the ALHOSN app or valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
15 years and under are Exempted
PCR tests are not accepted
Where to enter
Premier Online is Super Sports’ preferred registration partner. We always recommend purchasing the Protect Your Fee option when registering for any event through Premier Online.
Protect Your Fee ensures you receive a full refund no matter what the reason for cancelation, refunds are processed as per the terms and conditions stated on PremierOnline.com
Entry Fee & Refund Policy
- Juniors u19 years: 5km, 3.5km: AED125
- Juniors u19 years: 10km: AED175
- Adult: 5km, 3.5km: AED175
- Adult: 10km: AED200
- 21.1km Half Marathon: AED225
- Discounts are offered for families of 3 or more consisting of parents and children – aged 18 years and under. Email email@example.com for the family discount code.
- Any participants canceling their participation after the closing date or if the race sells out or who is a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- In the unfortunate event of the race having to have to be postponed/canceled due to COVID restrictions/weather/venue issues, the credit/refund policy of online entries through online entry providers will apply or you can have your entry carried over to any other Super Sports organized race.
- With the new updates introduced on 17 May 2021, relating to COVID-19 procedures, we have been informed by the Dubai Sports Council that these new procedures need to be implemented with immediate effect. With this in mind, it is compulsory for every participant to show us proof at Race Check-In when collecting your race pack that you have been fully vaccinated by downloading the ALHOSN app or valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
Entry Fee Includes
- Electronic Timing
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
- Hot and cold beverages and snack breakfast
Race pack Collection
- This will take place on the morning of the race from 6am, in the Race Village.
- Have your COVID-19 vaccination certificate or ALHOSN app available for staff at registration before your race pack may be handed over.
- Race numbers will be emailed to all runners and will also be on show at Race Check-In on the morning of the race.
- Once you know your race number, proceed directly to your respective Bib collection desk and collect your Bib # with the timing chip attached. Safety pins will be provided in and around the Race Check-In area.
- Please check that all your data which is printed on the label of the race pack envelope is correct. This includes your name, age category, gender, and distance. In the event of there being any errors, please let our registration staff know so we can change it for you so you have the correct result when finishing the race.
Race Day Program
Be checked in at least 20 – 30 minutes before the start of the race. There is NO Registration on the day.
06h00 Race Check-In Opens
06h45 Race Check-In Closes for 21km, 10km & 5km
06h50 Race Briefing for 21km, 10 & 5km
07h00 21km Start
07h05 10km Start
07h10 5km Start
08h45 Race Briefing for 3.5km and Race Check-In Closes
09H00 3.5km Start – Mixed gravel and tarred roads
10h00 Prize Distribution and Snack Breakfast Picnic Box in the Race Village
10h00 Cut off Time for All races
THERE IS NO BAG DROP!
Race Distances & Age Groups
Age Groups are calculated as per your age on race day. Male and Female categories for all age groups.
21.1km Half Marathon
15 – 29 years | 30 – 34 years | 35 – 39 years | 40 – 44 years | 45 – 49 years | 50 – 54 years | 55 years+
0 – 18 years | 19 – 29 years | 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50 years+
0 – 12 years | 13 – 18 years | 19 – 29 years, 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50 years+
3.5km – Mixed gravel and tarred roads
0 – 8 years | 9 – 12 years | 13 – 18 years | 19 years+
Race Surfaces by Distance
- 21.1km Half Marathon – 95% tarred road, 5% hard compact gravel
- 10km – 90% tarred road, 10% hard compact gravel
- 5km – 80% tarred road, 20% hard compact gravel
- 3.5km – 70% tarred road, 30% hard compact gravel
- Keep to the right-hand side of the road at all time and allow faster runners to overtake you on your left hand side.
- Follow normal traffic direction and signs along the course.
- You must have your run number visible on the front of your body or race clothing and keep it visible at all times when on the run course.
- Your upper body must be covered at all times during the race.
- Shoes are compulsory.
- No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed.
- Parents wishing to run with their children – aged 12 years and under – may do so free of charge but will not receive a race time or position.
Race BIB Number
Bibs must be worn on your upper body with the number facing outward.
These need to be returned to the organizers once you have finished the race.
Once finished racing, hand your race bib in at the T Shirt stand and collect your free shirt and voucher for your breakfast snack box.
Safety pins will be provided in and around the Race Check In area or bring your own race belt.
Race belts will be on sale on the morning of the race.
- Timing chips are attached to the back of your race bib.
- Ensure your bib has 1 timing chip stuck to the back and if not, please see Super Sports staff on the day to issue you with a new bib.
DO NOT REMOVE THE CHIP FROM THE BIB.
IF YOU RUN WITH NO BIB – YOU WILL RECEIVE NO TIME AND NO RESULT!
When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal.
There are water stations every 2/3km out on course and 1 at the finish line. The 1 x Aide Station on the 10km and 21km course will supply water, bananas, GU Gels, and chocolates.
This will be given to you at the end of the race. Hand in your race bib at the T-shirt counter once you have finished the race and you will be given your shirt.
Picnic Breakfast Snack
You will receive a wrist band at the T-Shirt stand after the race when you hand your bib in for a complimentary picnic breakfast snack.
These will be supplied by the organizers and feature every 2/3km on the course as well as at the finish line.
There are no shower facilities available for runners.
End of Race Procedures
- When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal and immediately put on your face mask.
- Make sure to wear your mask once you have finished.
- Scan the QR codes to see your result.
- Hand your race number with timing chip in at the T-Shirt stand and collect your free shirt.
- The prize distribution will take place as soon as possible after the final event.
- The final results will be posted online on the Race Results page of this website, after the event has finished and all the results have been checked.
- Finishers medals will be awarded to all who finish each race as they cross the finish line.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, Overall, and also per Age Group, will be awarded per race.
- You cannot win an overall prize and your age group prize.
- Remember to smile at the camera man, give them a smile or a thumbs up, especially when you cross the finish line.
- Photos can be found on your results page by clicking on the CAMERA icon and then doing a bib or selfie search.
- Photos will be available 24 hours after the race has finished.
Race Numbers will be available 36 hours before Race Day so please check back then!