Open Water Swim Series
1 Mile (1600m) | 800m | 400m | 200m
14 NOV 2020 | 20 MAR 2021
About the Race
La Mer in Jumeirah 1 is the place to be for some challenging fun in the sea and for this season’s La Mer Open Water Swim Series. The south beach of La Mer will host the 200m, 400m, 800m and The Mile (1600m) followed by a fun team relay. Enter once and swim in as many races as you want. Music, plenty of lifeguards out in the water, loads of supporters and a real community spirit. Discount for all Family & Group Entries. Plenty of parking and easy to get to.
Event Co Sponsors
Win a holiday
To Asia’s leading sports training resport in Thailand
Finish this race and your name goes in to the Lucky Draw at the end of the season to win a 4night / 5day all expenses paid trip
including airfare, accommodation, food and selected beverages, training program and special resort offers.
- Adults (19yrs & over): AED175
- Juniors (18yrs & under): AED125
- Discounts are offered for families of 3 or more consisting of parents and children. Email email@example.com for the family discount code.
- There is NO on the day registration.
- Swimmers may swim in as many races as they wish on the day for the same entry fee.
- Any participants cancelling their participation after the closing date or who is a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- Participants cancelling their entry before closing date will have their entry carried over to the next race date.
- Enter your Club, Company or Team – more than 10 athletes get a group discount if entering via spreadsheet with one cash payment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Entry Fee Includes
- Electronic Timing
- Swim Cap
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
- Fruits and Refreshments
Race Day Program
Be checked in at least 30 minutes before the start of your respective race. No need to be there from the beginning when Race Check In opens.
Once entered, you can swim in as many races as you choose to, on the day.
06h30 Race Check-In Opens for All Events
07h30 800 meters | All Ages
08h00 200 meters | 0 – 12yrs only
08h30 400 meters | All Ages
09h00 Mile 1600 meters | All Ages
Race Check-In for ALL races CLOSES 09h00
10h00 3 x 100 meters Relay 0 – 12yrs boys / girls / mixed teams
10h10 3 x 100 meters Relay 13 – 18yrs boys / girls / mixed teams
10h20 3 x 100 meters Relay 19yrs+ boys / girls / adults / mixed teams
Prize Giving 10h30
Race Distances & Age Groups
Age Groups are calculated as per your age on race day.
Male and Female categories for all age groups.
200m | 0 – 8 years, 9 – 12 years (separate races for boy’s and girls)
400m | 0 – 12 years, 13 – 18 years, 19 years+ (mass start)
800m | 0 – 12 years, 13 – 18 years, 19 years+ (mass start)
1.6km | 0 – 18 years, 19 – 39 years, 40 – 49 years, 50 years+ (mass start)
- All participants must be medically fit and compete at their own risk.
- All events will take place irrespective of the weather conditions,unless organizers deem conditions to be unsafe.
- No wetsuits or swimming aids will be allowed in any events unless otherwise informed
- Swimmers will be disqualified for any of the following reasons:
- Failing to obey organizers / officials / lifeguard instructions
- Receiving external assistance during the course of the race
- Unofficial substituting during relay events
- Swimming the wrong course /
- Any action that brings the event into disrepute your course involves 1 or more laps, you will need to pass
• If through the “GATE” in order to finish a lap and also for your last lap when exiting the water.
- Swimmers may use any stroke to propel themselves through the water, and may tread water or float.
- A participant may stand on the bottom or rest by holding an inanimate object such as a buoy, boat, rope or floating object.
- A swimmer experiencing difficulty and in need of assistance must raise an arm overhead, pump it up and down, and call or seek assistance.
- Swimmers, who have received assistance, whether voluntary or involuntary, must retire and withdraw from the remainder of the race, unless such assistance did not aid the swimmer in making forward progress.
- No swimmer shall return to the race if the official rendering assistance requests that the participant withdraws from the race or receive medical assistance.
- Relay teams consist of 2 or 3 swimmers, each swimming 100m and may be comprised of boys / girls / males / females. (In a team of 2, one swimmer will have to swim twice).
- This is a FUN NON-TIMED event so therefore no need to enter a team as teams can be made up on the day of the race.
- All relay team members must ensure that they are all the correct age for the respective event and event is determined by the eldest swimmer in the team.
- Younger swimmers may swim up an age group / event but older swimmers may not swim down an age group / event.
- The swimmer must ‘tag’ their fellow swimmer in the transition area or else face possible disqualification with final positions being taken when the 3rd swimmer crosses the finish line.
- Medals will be awarded to the first 3 teams to cross the finish line.
Swim Cap & Body Markings
All swimmers to wear the swim caps supplied by sponsor on the morning at Race Check In for identification and safety purposes when in the water.
Your respective race number will be marked on your LEFT upper arm and must correspond with your timing chip number.
- This will be handed out to you on the morning of the race at Race Check In and needs to be handed back once finished racing so that you can receive your finishers medal.
- Chips to be worn on your LEFT ankle with the chip number facing outward.
- Make sure the chip is fastened tightly so that it does not move or change position during the race.
- TIP: If the velcro strap is not long / tight enough, use a safety pin to adjust the length to keep the strap / chip in place and tight on your leg.
There will be a water and fruit station close to the exit of the finish area sponsored by Emirates Water and Sharbatly Fruit respectively.
Once entered and you have received your race number on the morning at Race Check In you can swim in as many races as you wish.
Rescue boats, lifeguards, paramedics and an ambulance will all be present on the day for safety and support services. In the event of you needing assistance, please wave your hands in the air and rescue and medical staff will be there to assist you.
Once you have finished racing, hand in your timing chip and receive your finishers medal.
End of Race Procedures
- When crossing the finish line, keep moving through the finish schute.
- Please check the ipads in the race village for your race finish time, this helps us to check that your result has been recorded.
- Return your timing chip once you have finished racing and collect your finishers medal.
- Please check the tablets in the race village for your time and position as this helps us to check that your result has been recorded.
- If you are in the top 3 of the overall or age group category positions, please stay for the prize giving.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, per Age Group and Gender will be awarded per race Trophies will be awarded to top 3 Overall respective distance winners. You cannot win an overall prize and your age group prize.
- Full results will be on the Super Sports website as soon as possible at www.supersportsuae.com
- The presentation will take place as soon as possible after the last competitor is in from the FUN Relay.
- The final results will be posted online on the Race Results page of this website, after the event has finished and all the results have been checked.
- Finishers medals will be awarded to all who finish each race – 1 medal per person.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places per Age Group will be awarded per race.
- You cannot win an overall prize and your age group prize.
Remember to smile at the camera man, give them a smile or a thumbs up, especially when you cross the finish line.
Pose for a photo at our Finishers Wall showing off your race number and medal and grab as many friends to join you in this fun pic!
Photos can be found on Facebook: Super Sports Events – posted 72 hours after race finish.
Photo & Video Competition
- We would like you to submit your best 5 photos and or video clip of the race and stand a chance of winning a FREE ENTRY. So if you have supporters there on the morning, get them to snap away and send their photos to email@example.com
Registration & Parking
Race Numbers will be available 36 hours before Race Day so please check back then!