Mantra X Hatta Adventures AR
28 May 2021
About the Race
Mantra X is an Adventure Race series made up of 10 races over the 2021/ 2022 season and is open to individual competitors and teams of 4. Competitors will earn points at each event to decide who the championship winners are at the end of the series. Mantra X Hatta Adventures is the first race in the series with subsequent races taking place around the UAE. Using a map and compass competitors will have to navigate across mountains, through water and over various types of terrain using mountain biking, trail running, mountaineering, swimming and paddling to find various check points. Competitors can enter as individuals or teams of 4 and are allowed 1 person as a support crew who will meet them at transition areas and assist them for the next leg of the race.
Download the competitors event briefing for all the rules and information about the race, transitions and different legs. The official and secret competitor’s handbook will be given to competitors on race day an hour before the race start during the competitors lockdown period, which will include the specific race details and check point co-ordinates. Organizers will be arranging some orienteering and map reading workshops as well as a ropes course and first aid talk in the final month leading up to the race for competitors who are inexperienced adventure racers but want to take on a new challenge.
Event Co Sponsors
- Keep a 2m social distance at all times.
- Wear a disposable mask till just before you start and once you finished.
- Stay in the Race Village area till your distance is called to the start area.
- No spectators – except for juniors u18 will be allowed 1 adult to assist.
- No prize-giving – only prize distribution.
- No gatherings / hugging / touching / group photos etc.
- Any participants not observing any of the above rules will be disqualified without a warning!
Where to enter
Premier Online is Super Sports’ preferred registration partner. We always recommend purchasing the Protect Your Fee option when registering for any event through Premier Online.
Protect Your Fee ensures you receive a full refund no matter what the reason for cancelation, refunds are processed as per the terms and conditions stated on PremierOnline.com
- Individual Entry: AED250
- Team Entry: AED800
- Team entry is 4 people of any male/ female mix or all male/ female teams.
- Any participants canceling their participation after the closing date or who is a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- In the unfortunate event of the race having to have to be canceled due to weather or venue issues, the credit/refund policy of online entries through online entry providers will apply or you can have your entry carried over to any other Super Sports organized race.
Entry Fee includes:
- Electronic Timing
- Finishers Medal
- Downloadable Certificate
Race Check In
- Race check-in will be from 3:30am as the race starts at 5AM and the competitors go into the lockdown zone at 4AM.
Race Day Program
5AM start with an 8-hour cutoff
THERE IS NO BAG DROP!
Race Distances & Age Groups
Age Groups are calculated as per your age on race day. Male and Female categories for all age groups.
Open category 18+ | 18 – 34 years | 35 – 60 years | 61 years + | Team Entry
- Shoes are compulsory except for the swimming leg.
- No form of locomotion other than the disciplines prescribed in the race briefing document is allowed.
- For the full rules and regulations, please download the race briefing document.
- This will be included in your Race Pack and to be worn on your LEFT ankle with the number facing outward at all times during the race.
- Once finished racing, chips will be collected from you at the exit of the finish area or if need be, handed back by you.
- Make sure the chip is fastened tightly so that it does not move or change position during the race. (TIP: If the velcro strap is not long/tight enough, use a safety pin to adjust the length to keep the strap/chip in place and tight on your leg.)
- Your final time for the race will be taken when crossing under the Super Sports arch at the finish line.
No chip, No time, No result!
All competitors must be cleared by a race official proving that they have all the compulsory equipment with them as stipulated in the race briefing document.
When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal.
Self-support out on the race course. Snacks and refreshments at the finish line.
This will be given to you at the end of the race. Hand in your race bib at the T-shirt counter once you have finished the race and you will be given your shirt.
There are no shower facilities available for runners.
End of Race Procedures
- When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal and immediately put on your face mask.
- Make sure to wear your mask once you have finished.
- Scan the QR codes to see your result.
- Hand your race number with timing chip in at the T-Shirt stand and collect your free shirt.
- The prize distribution will take place as soon as possible after the final event.
- The final results will be posted online on the Race Results page of this website after the event has finished and all the results have been checked.
- Finishers medals will be awarded to all who finish each race when they have crossed the finish line and been cleared by a race official.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places teams, male and female categories, 1st place male and female Age Group, will be awarded per race.
- Remember to smile at the camera man, give them a smile or a thumbs up, especially when you cross the finish line.
- Photos can be found on your results page by clicking on the CAMERA icon and then doing a bib or selfie search.
- Photos will be available 48 hours after the race has finished.
The adventure race does not follow a specific route since competitors use a map and compass to find the control points and have to decide the routes for themselves. Detailed check point co-ordinates are kept secret and only given to competitors during the competitor lockdown, one hour before the race begins. A brief description of the race area and individual legs will be in the race briefing document which you can download.
Bib numbers will be released on race day at registration.