Ras Al khaimah
21.1km | 10km | 5km
29 January 2021
About the Race
GO OFF ROAD at the Ras Al KhaimahTrail Run Half Marathon and supporting distances at the base of the Jebel Jais mountain range. The route will offer runners a challenging experience where a fairly flat open course changes drastically to steep inclines and declines (10k and 21k only) with rocky panoramic plateaus scattered with trees and bush shrubbery.
From social to advanced runners, young or experienced, try the 5 or 10km and if that’s not enough then there’s the 21.1km. Music, plenty of aid stations and refreshments and in the afternoon it will be the turn of the mountain bikers on the same course as they navigate their way through the Quarry. So if you into biking then stay and make a day of it with the Trail Run in the morning and the MTB ride in the afternoon / evening.
Course highlights include the majestic Jebel Jais mountain range all around you, no cars on course, river bed running, boulder hopping and single trail goat paths. The world’s longest zip line a few minutes away once you done racing and the breathtaking scenery.
Event Co Sponsors
- Keep a 2m social distance at all times.
- Wear a disposable mask till just before you start and once you finished.
- Stay in the Race Village area till your distance is called to the start area.
- No gatherings / hugging / touching / group photos etc.
- Any participants not observing any of the above rules will be disqualified without a warning!
Where to enter
Premier Online is Super Sports’ preferred registration partner. We always recommend purchasing the Protect Your Fee option when registering for any event through Premier Online.
Protect Your Fee ensures you receive a full refund no matter what the reason for cancelation, refunds are processed as per the terms and conditions stated on PremierOnline.com
- Adults (19yrs & over): AED175Juniors (18yrs & under): AED125
- Discounts are offered for families of 3 or more consisting of parents and children. Email email@example.com for the family discount code.
- There is NO on the day registration.
- Any participants cancelling their participation after the closing date or who is a “no-show” on the day of the race will not receive a refund.
- In the unfortunate event of the race having to have to be cancelled due to weather or venue issues, the credit / refund policy of online entries through online entry providers will apply or you can have your entry carried over to any other Super Sports organised race.
Entry Fee Includes
- Electronic Timing
- Finishers Medal
- Muffin & fruit juice or coffee/tea
- Downloadable Certificate
- Fruits and Refreshments
Race Pack Collection
- Race Pack Collection is on the morning of the race at Race Check In which opens at 6.30am near the Start line.
- Race numbers will be emailed to all runners and will also be on show at Race Check In on the morning of the race.
- Once you know your race number, proceed directly to your respective Bib collection desk and collect your Bib # with timing chip attached.
- Please check that all your data which is printed on the label of the race pack envelope is correct. This includes your name, age category, gender and distance and in the event of there being any errors, please let our registration staff know so we can change it for you, so you have the correct result when finishing the race.
- You must have checked in and received your timing chip 30 minutes before your race start.
- Once you have done that, head to the Race Village and wait for the race briefing from our Race Director – Warren.
Race Day Program
Be checked in at least 20 minutes before the start of the race. There is NO Registration on the day.
06h30 Race Check In Opens
07h25 Race Check In closes for all distances
07h30 21.1km Race Starts
07h40 10km Race Starts
07h50 5km Race Starts
09h00 Prize Giving for 5k
10h00 Prize Giving 10k & 21k
10h30 Cut-off time for all races
THERE IS NO BAG DROP!
Race Distances & Age Groups
Age Groups are calculated as per your age on race day. Male and Female categories for all age groups.
0 – 29 years | 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50 years+
0 – 18 years | 19 – 29 years | 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50 years+
0 – 18 years | 19 – 29 years | 30 – 39 years | 40 – 49 years | 50 years+
- Please wait in the Race Village area till your distance is called to the Start Area and keep your mask on until you get to the start line.
- The Start Area will be a social distanced grid of rows with 3 cones per row spaced 2m apart.
- Runners to self-seed themselves with the first 5 rows only for recognised faster runners.
- Once the start siren goes, all rows will slowly walk toward the start line and only when you get to the start line will you be allowed to start running.
- Once you cross over the start mats your race and time will start.
- Chip times will be used for this race so that means your time will only start being recoreded once you cross the timing mats so it does not matter how far back you start.
- 21.1 km = 1 lap of the respective course + initial 3km loop
- 10 km = 1 lap of the respective course
- 5 km = 1 lap of the respective course
- You must have your run number visible on the front of your upper body or race clothing and keep it visible at all times when on the run course.
- Your upper body must be covered at all times on the run portion of the race.
- Shoes are compulsory.
- No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed.
- Parents wishing to run with their children – aged 12 years and under – may do so free of charge but will not receive a race time or position, nor medal, shirt or any of the give aways.
- Please scan the QR codes in the Race Village to view your result once you have finished running.
- If you are in the top 3 of the overall or age group category positions, please stay for the prize giving.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, per Age Group and Gender will be awarded per race. Trophies will be awarded to top 3 Overall respective distance winners. You cannot win an overall prize and your age group prize.
- Full results will be on the Super Sports website as soon as possible at www.supersportsuae.com
Race BIB Numbers
- Bibs must be worn on your upper body with the number facing outward.
- Once finished racing, hand your race bib in at the T Shirt stand and collect your free shirt.
- Safety pins will be provided in and around the Race Check In area or bring your own race belt.
- Race belts will be on sale on the morning of the race.
- Timing chip is attached to the back of your race bib.
- Ensure your bib has 1 timing chip stuck to the back and if not, please see Super Sports staff on the day to issue you with a new bib.
DO NOT REMOVE THE CHIP FROM THE BIB.
IF YOU RUN WITH NO BIB – YOU WILL RECEIVE NO TIME AND NO RESULT!
When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal.
Complimentary Muffin & Drink
You will receive a wrist band at the T-Shirt stand for a complimentary muffin and small fruit juice which can be claimed after the race.
NO WRIST BAND , NO MUFFIN & NO BEVERAGE
There are 3 water stations on course and other refereshments at the finish line.
These will be supplied by the organisers. There are 3 stations on the run course as well as at the finish line, where fruit is also available.
End of Race Procedures
- When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through the finish chute then you will receive your finishers medal.
- Scan the QR codes to see your result.
- Hand your race number with timing chip in at the T Shirt stand and collect your free shirt.
- You will be given your wrist band once you have left the finish chute. Proceed to the counter and collect your muffin and fruit juice.
- Prize Giving will follow as soon as possible once all athletes are finished.
- The prize presentation will take place as soon as possible after the final event.
- The final results will be posted online on the Race Results page of this website, after the event has finished and all the results have been checked.
- Finishers medals will be awarded to all who finish each race as they cross the finish line.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, Overall, and also per Age Group, will be awarded per race.
- You cannot win an overall prize and your age group prize.
- Remember to smile at the camera man, give them a smile or a thumbs up, especially when you cross the finish line.
- Photos can be found on your results page by clicking on the CAMERA icon and then doing a bib or selfie search.
- Photos will be available 24 hours after the race has finished.
Race Numbers will be available 36 hours before Race Day so please check back then!