Family Run Series 2020/21
Dubai Motor City | Al Furjar Pavilion | Dubai Silicon Oasis
Distances of 2.2km or 4.4km
24 OCT 2020 | 28 NOV 2020 | 12 DEC 2020 | 23 JAN 2021
About the Race
3 Family Runs. On the same day. At the same time. At 3 different Spinneys locations!
The Spinneys Family Fun Run is a series of Runs for all ages and abilities starting and finishing at a Spinneys store near you. Entry is free to all participants. Register once and participate in as many of the runs as possible – with the aim to beat your time from the previous run, increase your fitness levels and socialise with like-minded runners on the day! Don’t forget to taste and sample the latest Spinneys products in the Spinneys Run Village after the runs!
A fun morning out for the whole family.
Eat Well, Live Well with Spinneys.
Event Co Sponsors
- FREE to enter so gather your family and friends and join us for a fun morning of exercise. All first time entrants receive a branded run dri-fit t-shirt as well as your own run number with timing chip attached which you bring with to every run!
- Electronic Timing – one run number with timing chip for the entire series
- Official Run T-shirt – one T-shirt for the entire series
- Downloadable Certificate with your time from the run
- Spinneys Breakfast Snack post run
Race Check In
Run Check In opens at 7am near the start line on Run Day.
This is where you collect your Run Number, T-Shirt and can ask any questions regarding the run.
Once you know your Run Number, proceed directly to your respective collection desk and collect your Run Number with timing chip attached to the back. Safety pins will be provided in and around the Run Check In area.
Please check that all your data which is printed on the label attached to your Run Number is correct. This includes your name, gender, distance and venue. In the event of there being any errors, please let our registration staff know so we can change it for you, so you have the correct result when finishing the run.
Once you have done that, head to the Run Village and wait for the run briefing from your Run Director.
Race Day Program
Be checked in at least 30min prior to the start of the run.
07h00 Run Check In Opens
07h50 Run Check In Closes for all distances
07h55 Run Briefing
08h00 2 Laps Run Starts
08h05 1 Lap Run Starts
09h00 Cut off time for all runs
09h15 Spinneys Lucky Draw valued at AED 500 shopping vouchers
10h00 Run Village closes
There is NO BAG DROP!
- You will have 1 hour to complete the run.
- Keep to the right hand side of the route at all time.
- You must have your run number visible on the front of your body or running clothing and keep it visible at all time when on the run course.
- Your upper body must be covered at all times during of the run.
- Shoes are compulsory.
- Stick to the right hand side of the run route at all times to allow faster runners to pass you on your left hand side.
Children under 3yrs do not receive a Run Number and shirt, but are more than welcome to join in either by walking or in a stroller.
Race BIB Numbers
- You will receive your run data via email on the Wednesday before the respective run date.
- Your run data consists of your run number, first & last names, gender and the venue of the run you have entered.
- Please check these and if there are any errors, email us as soon as possible at email@example.com so that we may correct your details.
- Run number collection is on the morning of the run at Run Check In which opens at 07h00.
- FIRST TIME ENTRIES
Make sure you know your run number before you leave home as it will speed up run number collection on the morning. Otherwise all run numbers will be displayed on the board at Run Check In. When receiving your run number, please double-check that you have been given the correct run number otherwise your results will show under another persons name!
- SECOND RUN
All you need to do is make sure you bring your personalised run number you were issued with at your first run to all subsequent runs and have it pinned to your chest and then you are ready to go! No need to Check In as we already have you registered so all you need to do is wait for the run briefing and get ready for the start!
- The Timing Chip will be attached to the back of your run number and must never be removed from the run number.
- NO CHIP = NO TIME = NO CERTIFICATE
- This is your personalised timing chip so keep it safe for the 2020 series.
- Every time you enter one of the Spinneys Family Fun Runs, you will have to bring the same run number and timing chip to the run in order for us to be able to record your time and position.
- If you misplaced the run number & chip, a new run number & chip can be issued on the run day for you but at an extra cost of AED10 per run number & chip.
Your results will be ready for viewing by 12 noon that same afternoon so click on this link RESULTS or head to www.supersportsuae.com and click on RESULTS.
After your run, enjoy the Spinneys breakfast snack.
There will be 1 x water station on course and 1 at the finish line – so remember to rehydrate as you run and finish.
This will be given to you at the end of the run. Hand in your wrist band at the T-shirt counter once you have finished the run and you will be given your shirt.
These will be supplied by the organisers with 1 water station on the course for those doing 2 laps and another at the finish line.
End of Run Procedures
- When crossing the finish line, please keep moving through to the end of the finish schute where you will be presented with your voucher for your breakfast snack.
- Grab yourself a refreshing drink and head over to the Spinneys Taste Testing Village.
- The Lucky Draw will take place at 09h15 so hang around for that.
Photos can be found on Facebook: Super Sports Events and are posted 72 hours after run finish.
Photo & Video Competition
Tag #SpinneysRun and the best photo or video of the day will receive a AED 100 voucher to Spinneys at the next run.
Dubai Motor City
Al Furjan Pavilion
Dubai Silicon Oasis
Race Numbers will be available 36 hours before Race Day so please check back then!